Advanced Flow Characterization
The core team of CLEWATEC works with the Institute of Fluid Dynamics at HZDR, whose departments have extensive experience using advanced measurement techniques to understand multiphase flows in different industrial applications, including wastewater treatment systems. Direct connections with scientists specialized in various subfields and complete access to in-house state-of-the-art experimental facilities provide the partners of CLEWATEC with valuable opportunities to optimize their processes through a better understanding of the multiphase flows involved.
- Mohseni, E., Kalayathine, J. J. , Reinecke, S., Hampel, U., Dynamics of bubble formation at micro-orifices under constant gas flow conditions. International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 132, 103407 (2020).
- Herrmann-Heber, R. , Reinecke, S. F., & Hampel, U., Dynamic aeration for improved oxygen mass transfer in the wastewater treatment process. Chemical Engineering Journal, 386, 122068 (2020).
- Mohseni, E., Herrmann-Heber, R., Reinecke, S. F., Hampel, U., Bubble generation by micro-orifices with application on activated sludge wastewater treatment. Chemical Engineering and Processing – Process Intensification, 143, 107511 (2019).
- Sommer, A.-E., Wagner, M., Reinecke, S. F., Bieberle, M., Barthel, F., Hampel, U., Analysis of activated sludge aerated by membrane and monolithic spargers with ultrafast X-ray tomography. Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, 53, 18–27 (2017).
- Reinecke, S. F., Deutschmann, A., Jobst, K., Kryk, H., Friedrich, E., Hampel, U., Flow following sensor particles – Validation and macro-mixing analysis in a stirred fermentation vessel with a highly viscous substrate. Biochemical Engineering Journal, 69, 159–171 (2012).